THIS WEEK’S TOP STORIES
The expansion into longer video opens up interesting possibilities. The changes to Vine are most notable — it’s getting longer video and setting up a monetization system for creators.
As the story notes, this isn’t actually live video natively on Tumblr, but a reasonable approximation through partnerships with other video companies. Still, this makes it official, and now just about every social network is doing *something* around live video.
INSIDE THE PN NETWORK
PN Intern Profiles: Holden Galatas (PN Intern Blog)
My name is Holden Galatas, and I am a rising sophomore at Georgia Southern University (GSU). I am currently a multimedia journalism major, with a minor in public relations. This summer, I have been presented with a fantastic opportunity to work with the sports reputation management team (AIM) here at PN ATL.
The Best Days Are Ahead: Special Forces to Public Relations (Porter Novelli Blog)
During my time as a Green Beret, I learned to thrive under intense deadlines in chaotic situations where everything was changing at all times. The only constant was that…there just wasn’t a constant.
YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW
- Facebook Is Adding a Home Button for Conversations to Its Messenger App (Adweek, 6/16/16)
- Snapchat is Starting Real Life, an Online Magazine about Technology (VentureBeat, 6/16/16)
- Podcast Companies Experiment with Sponsored Content (Wall Street Journal, 6/17/16)
- Twitter Advertisers Can Now Get More Stats on How Their Videos Are Performing (Adweek, 6/17/16)
- BuzzFeed Didn’t Give up on Tumblr, and It’s Reaping the Benefits (Digiday, 6/20/16)
- Facebook Adds More Tools for Branded Content in Instant Articles (Social Times, 6/20/16)
- Instagram, Topping 500 Million Monthly Users, Sees Video Fueling New Stars (Variety, 6/21/16)
- Longer Video: Introducing #BeyondtheVine (Vine Blog, 6/21/16)