THIS WEEK’S TOP STORIES
Instagram confirmed that the new feed it announced in March has gone live for many users. It says the new experience is already resulting in users being more engaged with posts.
A new update to Snapchat combines Discover, the section of the app with stories from select publishers, and Live Stories, the collections your friends put together of their epic night clubbing.
INSIDE THE PN NETWORK
PR People Aren’t Supposed to be Smart. Let’s Fix That (Porter Novelli Blog, 6/8/16)
From the industry’s origin, those outside of PR have viewed PR people as professional networkers: we schmooze with reporters and leverage those relationships to secure stories.
YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW
- Facebook is shutting down its Notify app (The Verge, 6/2/16)
- Pinterest’s “Pin it” button changes its name internationally (Marketing Land, 6/2/16)
- Twitter Confirms Plans to Add Periscope Live Stream Button (Buzzfeed, 6/2/16)
- Snapchat Breaking into the Mainstream as it Posts New Highs Across Age Segments (comScore, 6/3/16)
- Twitter Is Testing Carousel Ads Again, But a Different Type (Marketingland, 6/3/16)
- Surprise: Yahoo’s Homepage Drives More Traffic Than Twitter (Digiday, 6/3/16)
- E.W. Scripps Buys Podcast Company Stitcher (Wall Street Journal, 6/6/16)
- Uh Oh: Ad Blocking Forecast To Cost $35 Billion By 2020 (Digiday, 6/7/16)
- People Are Spending Much Less Time On Social Media Apps (CNBC, 6/7/16)
- Embedding Twitter timelines just got a lot easier (Twitter Blog, 6/7/16)
- Swarm now offers perks with check-ins so it’s basically Foursquare before the split (The Verge, 6/7/16)
- Oracle Data Cloud’s study proves Promoted Pins drive in-store sales (Pinterest for Business, 6/7/16)
- Introducing Twitter Insiders (Twitter Advertising, 6/8/16)
- Facebook now lets you post to the News Feed and not your Timeline (CNET, 6/7/16)