THIS WEEK’S TOP STORIES
The Four Ps are: Purpose, Path, Passion and Personal Boundaries. They have been the cornerstones of my career, and I have watched countless young employees apply them.
A new study from Pew Research Center shows 62% of U.S. adults get their news from social media sites, with 18% doing so regularly.
INSIDE THE PN NETWORK
Instagram Introduces Business Dashboards (PNConnect Blog, 5/31/16)
Business profiles will feature better contact information followers can use to get in touch. Meanwhile “Insights” will give network managers a closer look at post performance and audience demographics.
Voce Nation Podcast Ep. 8: Special Guest Jeremy Kaplan of Digital Trends (Voce Nation, 5/26/16)
This week we welcomed Jeremy Kaplan, Editor-in-Chief of Digital Trends, to the Voce Nation Podcast. Jeremy talked about how the Digital Trends team manages content production, what he sees in the future of distributed media and much more.
Grads – We Want You. We Need You. But You Gotta Put Down Your $%&$ Phone (Porter Novelli Blog, 5/26/16)
The bottom line is we want you, students. We need your fresh thinking and your new perspectives. We can’t wait to meet you. The communications world is yours to own. All you have to do is put down your phone.
YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW
- Twitter Disbands Commerce Team, Ceases Product Development On “Buy” Button (5/25/16)
- Reddit moves away from Imgur with new photo-uploading tool (The Verge, 5/26/16)
- People Aren’t Feeling Facebook’s Reactions (eMarketer, 5/26/16)
- Twitter tunes into Spotify to soundtrack its audio cards (TechCrunch, 5/26/16)
- Facebook wants your News Feed to get more personal; here’s why (CNBC, 5/26/16)
- Facebook expands Audience Network reach beyond just its users — to everyone (MarketingLand, 5/27/16)
- Introducing Comment Moderation (Periscope, 5/31/16)