THIS WEEK’S TOP STORIES
Facebook has further altered the terms of its deal with brand publishers: Facebook will be decreasing the reach of publishers’ posts while boosting those from family and friends. Brand managers should continue to temper expectations as to Facebook’s benefits.
Twitter has introduced Dashboard as a place for brand account management. Users can schedule Tweets, monitor related conversations and more. Most of these features are available through other CMS platforms, but it’s nice to see Twitter offering them as a native feature.
INSIDE THE PN NETWORK
PN Intern Profiles: Jamie Adachi (PN Interns Blog, 6/27/16)
My journey to public relations has been a long and windy road taking me from Chicago to Dallas, back to Chicago and finally to Porter Novelli Atlanta.
Creating Meaningful Change in Mental Health (Porter Novelli Blog, 6/28/16)
Helping clients achieve purposeful change and social impact sounds good on paper, but is it really doable? How often can we make it happen? Are there really companies and organizations doing it – and if they are doing it, where does communications come into the picture?
YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW
- Introducing the Creative Exchange (Medium, 6/23/16)
- What Millennials’ YouTube Usage Tells Us about the Future of Video Viewership (comScore, 6/23/16)
- We’ll Do it Live—a New Chapter in YouTube’s Live Stream (YouTube Blog, 6/24/16)
- Twitter Quietly Launches Location Feeds with Foursquare (TechCrunch, 6/24/16)
- Introducing #Stickers on Twitter (Twitter Blog, 6/27/16)
- Facebook Now has Official Save and Share Extensions for Chrome (The Next Web, 6/28/16)
- Musical.ly’s Live.ly App Nears 500,000 Downloads, Already Has First Live-Streamed Hit Show (Variety, 6/28/16)
- Building a Better News Feed for You (Facebook Newsroom, 6/29/16)